31 March, 2016
TEOCHEW STYLE STEAM FISH
Comments : 1 Posted in : Uncategorized on by : seafood
- 1 big tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 piece pickled (sour and salted) plum
- 200g tofu, cut into small cubes
- 4-5 slices of ginger
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 40g chicken/pork, sliced thinly
- 100g preserved mustard, sliced
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons Shaoxing wine
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 green onion, trimmed and cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 2.5cm of ginger, julienned
- Sprinkle salt and white pepper on both sides of the fish and set in a deep dish.
- Arrange the tomato wedges, sour plum and tofu around the fish, and place the ginger slices on top.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat up the cooking oil and add in the chopped garlic. Stir-fry until aromatic but not burnt.
- Then add the chicken/pork, and stir-fry until half-cooked.
- Lastly, add in the preserved mustard slices and continue to stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce into the pan, let it come to a boil and turn off the heat.
- Scatter the chicken/pork and preserved mustard on top and around the fish.
- Pour the chicken/pork over the fish and then steam the dish for 6 minutes or until the meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Garnish and serve with steamed rice.