31 March, 2016
Posted in : Uncategorized on by : seafood
- 500g of large shrimp/prawns – leave shell on
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 shallot – sliced thinly
- 3 bird eyes chilies – cut small
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
Ingredients for Egg Floss:
- 3 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Clean and pat dry the prawns in paper towel. Season them with a bit of salt and pepper. Lightly coat them with some cornstarch.
- Heat up the wok with a bit of vegetable oil. Pan fried the prawns until lightly brown on both side. Remove and drain the oil on paper towel.
- To make the egg floss, heat up the butter and vegetable oil. Carefully drizzle in the beaten egg yolks into the hot oil in a thin stream. When the eggs hit the oil stir it around so they don’t clump up together. Continue to stir until the egg floss is golden brown. Remove the floss and drain them on paper towel.
- Remove any access oil from the wok and wipe it clean, add in the tablespoon of butter. Toss in the shallots, curry leaves and chilies. Stir until fragrant. Add in the milk and continue to stir until the milk bubble and reduce.
- Add in the prawns and give it a good stir to coat the sauce. Add in the egg floss, sprinkle in sugar, salt and pepper. Toss it really well. Dish out and serve immediately.