31 March, 2016
WET BUTTER STYLE MANTIS PRAWNS
Comments : 2 Posted in : Uncategorized on by : seafood
- 1 pack of MySeafoodMart mantis prawn (defrosted)
- handful of curry leaves (5 sprigs)
- 2-4 birds eye chilies, cut small
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 oz. all-purpose flour
- 1 oz. corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 egg
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 small pinch of salt
- Mix frying batter, dip mantis prawn into frying batter & deep fry until golden brown.
- Heat up your pan and melt butter until it is almost brown and nutty.
- Add in the fresh curry leaves, chopped chillies. Stir fry until fragrant.
- Add in the evaporated milk, sugar and salt to taste. Bring to boil and then simmer until the sauce starts to get thicker.
- Toss in fried mantis prawn into sauce & serve.