29 March, 2016
CEREAL BUTTER PRAWNS
Comments : 1 Posted in : Uncategorized on by : seafood
- Cereal mix
- ¾ cup Nestum cereal (original flavour)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp sugar
- 1½ tbsp milk powder
- 300 g medium size prawns (8 pieces)
- trim, devein, wash, and dry thoroughly
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ egg, beaten
- 1½ tbsp plain flour
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 30 g unsalted butter (2 tbsp)
- 1 bird’s eye chilli, thinly sliced
- 6-10 sprigs curry leaves
- rinse and dry with paper towels; discard stalks to yield about 1/8 cup
- Thoroughly stir ingredients for cereal mix. Set aside.
- Sprinkle prawns with salt. Add egg and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle with flour and mix till coated. Deep-fry in just smoking oil over maximum heat possible till just cooked. Drain.
- Heat butter till bubbling and lightly brown. Add curry leaves and chilli. Fry over medium heat till fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cereal mix. Stir till lightly golden. Curry leaves should crisp up as excess moisture is absorbed by cereal.
- Add prawns and toss till well mixed, turning off heat as cereal turns fully golden brown. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Plate and serve.